Braces definitely do the job when it comes to straightening teeth. However, they are no longer the only option for doing so. We recommend clear aligners for many patients, especially adults. That’s because most folks find them far less disruptive to their daily lives.
If you’re interested in this orthodontic treatment, call us today at 803-302-3903 to schedule a consultation in our Sumter, SC office. We offer two popular brands, Invisalign and ClearCorrect, one of which will likely be right for your smile. We also provide a third option, Six Month Smiles, which may work better for some.
In the meantime, see some of the things aligners do better than traditional metal braces:
- Maintain Your Self-Confidence – If you’re an adult, metal brackets and wires may give you an unpleasant flashback to your self-conscious teenage years. You may find yourself hesitating to smile. With their clear appearance, aligners blend easily into your smile. Many people won’t even realize you have them.
- Keep You Comfortable – The lack of metal also means you won’t develop the sore spots in your mouth that often result from braces. Plus, there won’t be any uncomfortable adjustments – tightening of wires – during your treatment.
- Work Faster – The average treatment time with aligners is 12 months. In contrast, regular braces take up to two years to move teeth into place.
- Give You More Dietary Options – Braces wearers tend to avoid many kinds of food that can get stuck in their metal hardware or even damage it. With aligners, you won’t have to think twice about consuming any of your favorite foods. You simply remove them before eating.
- Keep Oral Hygiene Simple – You also take aligners out before brushing and flossing. Oral hygiene is much less of a chore when you don’t have to worry about maneuvering around metal braces!
Call Advanced Sumter Dentistry today at 803-302-3903 to schedule your orthodontics consultation.